bugün

lars ulrich

25 sene davul çaldıktan sonra stick control'ünü biraz geliştirmeye başlayarak hayretlere sürüklemiş davulcu. tuşeleri pek güzel görülmekte/duyulmaktadır, eskisi kadar dağınık çalmıyor.

zaten Rhythm dergisine verdiği röportajında davulda hala çok eksiklikleri olduğunu kendi de dile getirmiş, daha iyi olmak için çalışacağını, ancak hala dünyada james hetfield'ın ritm gitarının rolünü en iyi anlayabilecek davulcunun da kendisi olduğunu söylemişti. şöyle ki;

"Rhythm: You've had a lot of flak over the years from people who accuse you of being a poor drummer. Does that ever trouble you?

Lars: "It used to, back in the day and I spent a lot of time overcompensating for that on the early records. But then you wake up one day and you're like, whatever. It hasn't bothered me for about 15 years. I'm no Joey Jordison, I'm no Mike Portnoy, and I have nothing but love and respect and admiration for all those guys. When I hear some of the young dudes, they blow my mind with what they can do with their feet and stuff - but it's not something that makes me go, 'I need to feel better about myself so I'm gonna learn how to do what they do with my feet.' I'm not a particularly accomplished drummer but I am very, very, very good at understanding the role of the drums next to James Hetfield's rhythm guitar. I guarantee you I'm the best guy in the world for that, and that's enough for me!"

bir de şu çift pedal hadisesini geliştirirse ölmeden 2 albüm bile çıkarabilir. o derece. ***
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nXD0nZ3TAU