bugün

canımız ciğerimiz william butler yeats abimizin şiirlerinden biridir.

kendisi zaten özellikle folklorden: halk öyküleri, balladlar, mitler, efsanelerden hoşlanan, bunları şiirlerine malzeme eden ve okkülte kadar uzanan bir çerçevede eser veren ve müzikten de anlayan, şiirlerinde mutlaka bir müziğin olmasına dikkat eden biri idi. irlanda ingilizcesinde " gort na saileán" olan bu şarkının sözlerini de zaten tam hatırlayamadığı yaşlı bir irlandalı kadından dinlediğini ifade etmiş ama tümünü hatırlamıyor imiş. bu şarkı da onun anısına loreena mckennitt'ten, irlanda konseptli bir albüm yap da yeats abi içinde olmasın. napossible. bu arada "sally": "willow": söğüt ağaçlarını imlemektedir.

down by the salley gardens my love and i did meet; she passed the salley gardens with little snow-white feet. she bid me take love easy, as the leaves grow on the tree; but i, being young and foolish, with her did not agree. in a field by the river my love and i did stand, and on my leaning shoulder she laid her snow-white hand. she bid me take life easy, as the grass grows on the weirs; but i was young and foolish, and now am full of tears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZC6JjUd4i4
LOREENA MCKENNiTT eseri. sanırım üst entryde geçen şiiri şarkı yapmış.

It was down by the Sally Gardens, my love and I did meet.
She crossed the Sally Gardens, with little snow-white feet.
She bid me to take life easy, as the leaves grow on the tree,
But I was young and foolish, and with her I did not agree.

In a field down by the river, my love and I did stand
And upon my leaning shoulder, she laid her snow-white hand.
She bid me to take life easy, as the grass grows on the weirs,
But I was young and foolish, and now I am full of tears.

Down by the Sally Gardens, my love and I did meet.
She crossed the Sally Gardens with little snow-white feet.
She bid me to take life easy, as the leaves blow on the tree,
But I was young and foolish, and with her I did not agree.